I invited Daniel Im to come and speak with me on the topic of vision, strategy and values. He recently shared a 90-second video with Lifeway Leadership on these three things. I asked him to come and break it down a little further and to spend time getting practical on how we develop these three areas in ministry.
- Bi-vocational Ministry - Lifeway is developing a pathway for bi-vocational pastors at new churches.com.
- 90-second Video - distinguishing vision, strategy and values. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm2j-UgXFIA
- Your strategy can be broken down into two strands: leadership pipeline and discipleship pathway.
- Four categories to discover vision through a "Vision Audit": community history, community context, church people and church leadership context.
- Prepare for strategic trade-offs in your ministry. You must be as prepared for what you say "No" to as what you say "Yes" to.
- If everyone can say "Yes" to your values, they aren't clear enough.
Daniel Im's website - danielim.com
His book "No Silver Bullets" - https://www.amazon.com/No-Silver-Bullets-Transform-Ministry/dp/1433651548/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514651460&sr=8-1&keywords=no+silver+bullets
I send a weekly email out on Friday mornings full of great content from around the web. I include a ministry leader you should be following on social media. And I throw in some other fun stuff along the way like Starbucks gift cards so you can get a cup of coffee in the morning. You can subscribe at stanrodda.com and I'll throw in my eBook for FREE as my way of saying, "Thanks."